Welcome!


The journey of a Christian wife, stay-at-home mom, quasi-tree-hugger, and cheapskate to find ways to "CHanGE" her life to be Cheaper, Healthier, Greener, and Easier. Constructive feedback always welcome!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Healthier, Greener: BPA Bottle Buy Back from Ecomom!

I have a box of Avent baby bottles left over from Dot's babyhood. I think they're from even before Avent started advertising that their bottles are BPA-free, so I'm not sure if they have BPA or not. Back then, I had no idea that BPA even existed or why it was a bad thing. Now I'm looking to switch out to glass and stainless-steel bottles for Sonny. But I was wondering what in the world I was going to do with all of those plastic bottles, and how I was going to find the money for the Greener alternatives.

Wonder no more.

I found this link today to the Ecomom BPA Bottle Buy Back. You send them your plastic baby bottles and sippy cups, whether or not you know if they have BPA in them, or even if they claim to be BPA-free, and they'll send you a $2 voucher per bottle or cup, up to $50. This voucher can be used on their website towards other products. Granted, you'll have to pay for shipping to get the bottles there, but if you do enough of them, it may be worth the effort. Believe me, I've tried to sell Dot's old beginner plastic sippy cups on Craigslist, and I've had no takers. Anything I can do to get a couple of bucks for them would be great, especially since I would rather not use them again!

I plan on using my voucher towards the purchase of glass baby bottles (probably the Lifefactory ones with the silicone sleeve) for around the house, and stainless-steel ones for when we're on the road. Combine the voucher towards the discounted ones available on Plum District, and hopefully I'll be snagging an awesome deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment